Let’s not forget how blessed we are. This is a season to be thankful. A season full of joy, laughter, family, friends, and a lot of food. Although most of us have all of these things, we can sometimes take it for granted that everyone is not looking forward to this season. For some, it’s a lonely time and there’s an overwhelming sense of worthlessness.
This is where we all have to look past ourselves and be more aware of our surroundings. We live and do life with people on a daily basis not even understanding what they are going through. I’m going to challenge you to take a look around you and ask yourself, who can I serve this holiday season?
- Take a neighbor a plate on Thanksgiving/Christmas day (with leftovers, because we know it’s always better the 2nd day)
- Invite someone over for dinner with you and your family
- Buy or bake cookies for the kids on your block, or adults, we like cookies too
- Offer to babysit for a single parent who just needs a break or a nap
- Send a Christmas gift or card
- Call someone and just wish them a happy holiday
- So many other things you can do, just let your heart lead you
No matter what, we need to stick together and take care of each other. Sometimes the simplest of things can be a reminder that somebody still cares and give them a reason to keep on living. It’s life and we can all help make it a better experience for someone else.